Thursday, May 26, 2016

Danger, Will Robinson


As I start into week 4, I feel myself getting a little too … comfortable.

I am still weighing/measuring and logging, but I find myself estimating in advance, then nodding when my guess is confirmed by the actual weight/measurement.  Smug, like I know it all. 

I know this feeling.

Complacency/comfortableness in the past has made me eschew actual measuring for my personal “guesstimating” of what I was eating.  And, in the past, while those measurements started out more or less accurate, they expanded over time.  A tad more here, a dollop more there, a taste before I actually measured, and then I was back to eating whatever, whenever.
Yeah, *my* version of an eating plan sucks.

Cheating myself on an eating plan has never been a problem for me.

Keeping myself on an eating plan has been a HUGE problem for me.

I am thinking that I am going to buy a second set of measuring cups/spoons for my purse.  So, when I hit that salad bar/hot bar/restaurant?  I can put whatever I want on my plate, but I am going to measure and account for what actually goes in my body.  I am worth this effort.  A couple of weird glances and comments when I weigh/measure cannot *possibly* be worse than the nearly 50 years of fat shaming I have already endured.

To win this war, I am going to have to continue to fight -- one forkful and measuring spoon at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment