Thursday, August 4, 2016

Hydration - It's a Challenge

I am 90+ days into my eating plan, so it is pretty routine now.  I automatically weigh, measure and log every bite I eat.  Now that I am pretty good on that front, it is time to take on hydration.


I suck at drinking water.


I can down a six-pack of diet soda, no problem, but I struggle to even get in three glasses of water.


I have taken diet soda and most diet drinks off of the table now (I do not need the chemicals!).  I was hoping the water drinking would just magically increase as my consumption of the other drinks decreased.


Not that easy.


I am having to be MINDFUL of drinking water.  I am tracking it in LoseIt! the same way I am tracking all of my other foods.


Sigh.  I guess I have proven to myself time and again that I do not just automatically do what is best for me.


Every hour during the day, I try to put down 1/2 a cup (or more) of water.  My wee-capacity bladder is having to learn to deal (and all that extra exercise from sprinting to the ladies' room!).



No comments:

Post a Comment