Thursday, May 12, 2016

Current Reality/Ms. Obsessive

I abandoned all caring for myself and let myself get fat.  Very fat.

I started my current journey on May 4, at 300 pounds.

I will have to search for pictures.  I either do not allow them to be taken, step behind something to hide myself, or do the picture taking so that I am not in any of the photos.  It is sad, really.  When I look at photos of an event, I am never "in" the event.  I know I was there, participating, but I am not in any photos or videos.  The ghost of self-acceptance past, robbing me of happy memories.  And *I* let that happen.

My week 1 weigh in was May 11.  I weighed in at 290.8 pounds (down 9.2).

On previous weight loss attempts, I started as high as 363.6 (but was heavier than that -- I had to lose some and find a scale that could weigh me).  I got as low as 202.  It will be emotional to pass 202 someday.  I want to get there.

I am trying to focus more on loving myself, and less on pounds.  I kind of loathe the scale; I do not need another reason to hate myself.  However, achieving better health, feeling better, and being more active will only come with pounds lost.  Many, many pounds lost.  Again, *I* did this to myself.

My current plan had been to weigh monthly, but that made me obsess about the scale all week.  So, I think I will weigh weekly, on Wednesdays, and keep a posting of my progress.

That is, of course, if my obsessive self allows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment