Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Just a Bite ...


I think I may change my tactic on turning down all of the food that is offered to me.

When friends/family/co-workers, etc., offer me/bribe me/prompt me/shame me/tease me/cajole me with food (“C’mon, just a bite won’t matter!”  “You are not being social.”  “You will hurt the host’s/hostess’s feelings.”  “You can diet tomorrow” and on and on and on ….), I think I will just tell them that I am allergic to whatever it is.

No one urges a food allergy sufferer to “just take a bite,” as it could potentially kill them.  There are no comments when the allergy sufferer chooses to live, instead of eating whatever it was they cannot and should not eat.

No one thinks twice about offering food to a dieter, however, and then commenting when they do not take it/eat it.

No one (but me and my doctor) sees the real-life struggle I am in to save my health and mobility.

It is *not* “just a bite” to me.  It is *MY LIFE*.

No comments:

Post a Comment